Bali is renowned as endless summer island, where the sun is always shining in Bali’s holiday brochures. Like rain never happens in Bali, but is it? In reality, a day in rain shower (3/2/2016) caused floods in either main roads and alternative roads.
Rain is missed but hated. As tourism destination, Bali must be beautiful, polished, shiny, and bright. Azure sea, turquoise beaches, white sands, and friendly sunny side. Balinese are well friendly with sun heat, the same with tourist. But when rain happen, what should we do?
Not to deny that we don’t have many activities when the rain is coming, it doesn’t mean that we have nothing to do either.
Below is some activities we can do in rainy season:
- Prepare umbrellas/raincoats well. Check regularly for damages as it will cost you comfort.
- Plan your sight seeing route. If you are not wind/rainproof person, you better find indoor destination or find a mall to shop, play, or for snack time.
- Don’t take risks to travelling by motorbike in the middle of rain!
- Enjoy your hotel facilities. Most of them offers spa, meal in the room, go to the restaurants, or just take a leisure selfie in their stylish lobby.
- Buy book/s, read every page while sipping your Bali coffee. Gramedia bookstore located in Mall BaliGaleria, while Periplus can be found in Seminyak, Sanur, Benoa, and Ngurah Rai International Airport.
- If you stay in Ubud, you can join cooking class, silver making jewelry course, batik class, painting or sculpture course. If you stay in Jimbaran, don’t miss the parfume making class!
- If you want to spend your rainy days by watching movies, there are 5 movie theatre in malls, which 4 of them are located in Kuta area. If you happened to be in Nusa Dua area at 7pm, you can go to Bali Nusa Dua Theater which is inside the BTDC complex. At the ampiteater, Devdan Shows starts at 7.30 pm every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Or are you a get crazy kind of person who wants to get wetter in rainy days? Bali has 4 cool waterpark to enjoy in sunny season as well as wet season. There are Waterbom and Circus Waterpark in Kuta, Splash Waterpark in Canggu, and New Kuta Greenpark in Bukit, Jimbaran.
Let’s enjoy the rain!